No one injured after two vehicles open fire on the rapper’s tour buses following a nightclub performance
By Daniel Kreps
Multiple gunshots were fired at a pair of Lil Wayne‘s tour buses after the rapper performed at an Atlanta nightclub on early Sunday morning. While Lil Wayne and some Young Money associates were reportedly on board during the shooting, no one was injured in the incident. According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, the shooting took place on I-285 in Cobb County around 3:30 a.m. as the rapper and his entourage departed Compound nightclub following his performance there.
Cobb County police spokesman Sgt. Dana Pierce confirmed that a shooting had taken place and that no suspects were in custody. After the shooting, the tour buses remained on course to the Mandarin Oriental hotel, at which point someone notified police of the incident “regarding someone shooting at a bus that Lil Wayne was on,” Atlanta police spokeswoman Elizabeth Espy said.
Responding officers discovered that the buses had been shot “multiple times.” “Witnesses could only provide a limited description of the suspect vehicles,” Espy said. “They were described as two white vehicles, possibly a Corvette-style vehicle and an SUV.”
TMZ adds that Young Money execs and artists like Hood and Lil Twist were also onboard. While Lil Wayne has not commented on the shooting, despite the incident, Young Money tweeted that the rapper will still perform Sunday night as scheduled in Louisville, Kentucky.
The tour bus shooting comes just 10 days after Lil Wayne was sued by a former tour bus driver who accused the rapper of intimidating him with a gun during Wayne’s 2014 summer tour. According to the lawsuit, the Sorry 4 the Wait 2 rapper, gun in hand, threatened to pistol-whip and then shoot the driver after the bus stopped to refuel outside Buffalo, NY. The driver is suing for false imprisonment, assault and emotional distress.